Podcast 3. Nick Bazzone // PRS Training & Tips from a US Marine Sniper
Feat. Nick Bazzone, competitive shooter and SNCOIC at the US Marines Mountain Sniper School.
Covering, in order:
- Wind readings - using mirages, reading the landscape
- Getting started in PRS - what is it, how does it work, what rifle should you start with?
- The weight issue...is not an issue
- How does Nick train for PRS match performance?
- Isolating training (not kung flu isolation)
- The perils of mountain training...keep your gear under positive control!!
- Practising smooth transitions
- To dial or not to dial
- You do not have to be fit for PRS (but it helps)
- Paper drills - timing it - How important is muscle memory in PRS?
- The 3 things you must know when you step up to the stage
- Train ups - what they entail
- What's the future of PRS?
- Words to live by